The following list is comprised of the casinos / cardrooms with the best live poker tournaments in the U.S., either based on high payouts or frequency of tournaments. We don’t have any affiliation with any of these places, we just like playing at them. We tried to include a wide variety of destinations, so as not to limit you to one place. So, what are you waiting for – pack your bags and head to the some of the best poker rooms in the USA! We have provided links to the tournament page, when possible, for each of these casinos.
1. Commerce Casino (Commerce, CA) – Commerce is home to two cavernous poker rooms — a sprawling low-limit area and a high-limit room that hosts some of the biggest games on the west coast. They also host the L.A. poker classic.
2. Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV) – Probably one of the most well-known poker rooms, it’s a sort of “home base” to many notable pros, with high-limit games in the famous Bobby’s Room. It’s not huge with 40 tables, but the daily tournament at 5 pm is still a must-play.
3. BestBet (Jacksonville, FL) – We’ve all taken a vote, and pound for pound, you just can’t beat BestBet. They have several major events each year (WPT, CardPlayer poker tour, etc). The tournament directors and dealers are great, and founder Jesse “The Boss” Hollander is often seen out in the poker room interacting with customers. The food is great. They have over 70 tables – no long waits. And a big parking area right out front means you don’t have to spend half an hour just parking your car and walking to the poker room! We can’t say enough about how much we love BestBet.
4. The Borgata (Atlantic City, NJ) – The 85-table Borgata poker room is arguably one of the best on the east coast. Atlantic City is having a rough time of it lately, but don’t give up on the Borgata just yet! Always full with tons of players and limits, you’re sure to have a good time. They host multiple $10k and $20k guarantees each week, along with black chip bounty tournaments.
5. Rio (Las Vegas, NV) – The famous home of the World Series of Poker, no list would be complete without it. The exotic Rio is great any time of the year. During the summer, either play the World Series or smaller satellite tournaments.
6. Seminole Hard Rock (Hollywood, FL) – If you’re looking for big money on the East Coast, look no farther than the Hard Rock. William Mason, Director of Poker, has done amazing things for poker in Florida; the last two years they have had $5 and $10 million dollar prize pool guaranteed tournaments. With countless low-buyin satellites, there’s no good reason not to take a shot!
7. The Wynn Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) – The Wynn offers a twenty-six poker table room with a variety of games and limits to suite all levels of play. Game limits generally range from $4/$8 up to $100/$200. They have $125 daily tournaments, as well as two $10k and one $25k guarantee each week. Plus their blind structures are about as good as they get.
8. Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA) – The Bicycle Casino ranks as one of the world’s largest cardrooms, and is renowned for its World Class Poker Tournaments. They have 3 tournaments most days, and it is packed with players from all over. If you’ve never played at The Bike, you owe yourself a trip.
9. Maryland Live! (Hanover, MD) – Maryland Live! has become a premiere destination away from Vegas, with daily tournaments ranging in stakes, as well as special events. They’re even hosting a $1 million poker classic event.
10. Peppermill Casino (Reno, NV) – The Peppermill features Reno’s most comfortable and exciting poker room. Their dealers are trained to assist new players, in addition to offering private and group lessons upon request. They host several tournaments a day, with a wide range of stakes.
This list is by no means comprehensive, and there are some really good live poker tournaments out there that we haven’t listed, especially in Europe (which hopefully, we’ll cover separately some day). But, the above casinos are offering some of the best tournaments in 2015. Why not check them out and report back to us!